WordCamp RI is two days loaded with information and tips and tricks for using WordPress. It takes place at New England Tech in East Greenwich on Friday and Saturday, September 30 and October 1.
Here’s what’ll happen:
- There’s a beginner’s workshop that will take you from no-website to Your Website!
- Great for those who want a portfolio,
- A blog, or a
- Website for small businesses and non-profits.
- The intermediate track is for those who already have a website and want to have it noticed by Google.
- The Contributor Day’s workshop is for those who want to work on projects to make WordPress even better.
Happiness Bar (aka Help Desk) – Both Days
Volunteers will be at your service at the Happiness Bar, giving you one-on-one help with your WordPress website. Bring your laptop and your questions!
We are very excited to have John Maeda, former President of RISD, as the Keynote Speaker at the 5th Annual WordCamp RI. His talk is ” From STEM to STEAM to Startups and Dreams.” He’ll talk about bringing advanced design to the advanced technology of WordPress. He’s in a position to know about that. Maeda is now the Global Head of Computational Design + Inclusion at Automattic, the people behind WordPress.
- Check out the sessions for beginners on how to improve your website, portfolio or blog
- Come to a more advanced session for intermediate WordPress users
- Learn ways to make sure Google notices you
- Absorb best-practices for your business
- Attend a session on making your site look good
We’ll have a private tent on the waterfront of East Greenwich at Finn’s Harborside. Need we say more?
Get your tickets! – $20 gets you
- Admission on both days
- Lunch on both days
- Access to the Happiness Bar both days
- In-depth Workshops on Friday
- Seminars on Saturday
- The After-Party on Saturday
Really – can you afford to stay home??? See you at the 5th Annual WordCamp RI!