WordPress.COM (as opposed to WordPress.ORG) is for those who want to concentrate on their blog or website and not worry about the maintenance and security updates. Bring your laptop to this workshop and leave at the end of the day with your website up and running.
In this workshop we’ll get you started:
- Creating your website name (www.mywebsite.com)
- Begin building your pages
- Learn how to insert images and video
We’ll have WiFi in this session.
Before the day of this workshop be thinking:
- What is the purpose of this website/blog
- Your work/academic portfolio
- Classroom or nonprofit website
- Personal blog
- What website name would you like? (Have several options, your first choice may already belong to someone else)
- Have access to any images you would like to use
- If you already have an account with WordPress.com, know
- Your login url/web address
- Your password
I look forward to helping you!